Thursday, November 30, 2017

Travelling YouTubers Who Inspire Wanderlust


If you’ve ever travelled before, you know what wanderlust is. Once you arrive home after your vacation, you yearn for another trip right away. Seeing new people and learning about different cultures is one of my favorite things to do. Luckily, when I am unable to travel, I can turn to YouTube and watch videos of other people who travel. If you can’t travel right now, but still want to feel like you can, here are some of my favorite travelling YouTubers that you should watch.


What They Do
Samuel and Audrey travel all over the world and share their adventures. Most of their videos are “__ things to do in [city]” or trying local foods, but each video feels distinctly different. They post about 2-3 times per week, and are often in a different country each week.

Why I Like Them
When you watch the couple’s videos, you feel like you’re really there with them. I appreciate that they are just normal people. Their videos don’t come off as pretentious or elitist, and you can tell they genuinely enjoy travelling and sharing their experiences.


What They Do
EatYourKimchi (otherwise known as Simon and Martina) are a Canadian couple that became well-known from sharing their experiences living as English teachers in South Korea. Now, they live in Japan, but they still share the same crazy meals, Insta-worthy experiences, and heartfelt content they always have.

Why I Like Them
Simon and Martina are not afraid to be completely themselves. They have tons of fun on the camera, but have also shared some of the hard times they’ve gone through, such as Martina’s struggle with the chronic condition Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, which caused them to move to Japan for more accessibility. Plus, they’re Canadian, so I enjoy when they talk about growing up in my country.


What He Does
Louis started out as a gross-out channel, where he ate anything given to him. Now, he posts near-daily vlogs of his crazy adventures, and it seems like he is constantly in the midst of one. You’ll see some of the most unique experiences on his channel. Starting in August, he and his friend JP started circumnavigating the world, and you can see his many videos in this series.

Why I Like Him
Louis is fun-spirited and makes every video interesting. I can watch his videos every day and I don’t get tired of it. Since most of us can’t live the way he does, it is fun to live the adventures through him.

YouTube is one of my favorite websites, and travel channels are some of my favorites to watch. There are many more channels you should watch than what I’ve listed, but if you need somewhere to start, these channels will keep you entertained for days.

Is there a channel I missed? Tweet me @JuliaSotnykova to let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment